Application manual for window films
- Spray bottle,
- Application tape,
- Paper towel (e.g. Zewa),
- Glass scraper,
Ruler or spacer.
We suggest 2 people for application.
Attention: You should not apply the films on the windows as pieces under any circumstance, since different temperatures can cause different tensions and thus your glasses can get broken.
Sun-blocking films should be applied from outside of the windows filled with gases or inclined skylights unexceptionally, otherwise your glasses can get broken.
Transparent films such as milky-white films, decorative films and UV-blocking films are exceptional.
Applying window films step by step
- Clean the window with a cleaner or a scraper without leaving any kind of residuals,
- Adjust the size of the film in a bold outline. Never fold down the films!
- Fill the spray bottle with 2 liters of water and 15 ml FMO concentrated application material. You can use dishwashing detergent as an alternative; however we do not suggest it since the adhesive material on the window film can turn white with it.
- Apply the tape with 2 stripes on a corner of the film, each stripe should be applied on each side. Remove the transparent protection layer from the film by separating two tapes from each other.
- Wet the adhesive side of the film and the window with spray.
- Place the film in the middle of the window. Attention: The film should be able to slided easily.
- Wet the back side of the film also to make scraping work easier.
- Remove the edges of the film with the help of a cutter and use a ruler or a spacer for help. Pay attention to leave a gap between the film and window frame from 1 mm to 1.5 mm in a diameter.
- Eject the liquid under the film with a scraper carefully. Attention: you should not leave any liquid under the film! Otherwise, your films can be removed or form air bubbles.
- Dry the film and the edges completely with the help of a paper towel.
- Suggestion: Around of the films applied from outside should be covered with silicon.